4.30.2010

Spray it thoroughly

Hi! It is Kim here bringing you a technique with the wonderful new GCD Chip Art tool.

Over my years of scrapping I have used a LOT of chipboard and to say that I was excited when I saw a new tool for working with chipboard released by GCD Studios might have been an understatement.

I love the Chip Art tool - I love the texture it can provide so easily to a piece of what would otherwise be plain chipboard.

This is the layout that I created to demonstrate my technique ...


And this is how the chipboard will look when it is finished ...

technique - fly (5 of 8)

All papers and embellishments on this layout are from the Homespun Chic range by Melody Ross.

For this technique I have used Lemon Maya Mist by Maya Road - it has awesome coverage and ends up with this beautiful gold metallic finish.

Step 1: Select a raw chipboard piece - I have used a flower from this set.

Technique - step by step photos (1 of 8)

Step 2: Spray it thoroughly

Technique - step by step photos (3 of 8)

Step 3: Allow it to start absorbing into the chipboard

Technique - step by step photos (5 of 8)

Step 4: Before it is completely dry, use the Chip Art tool - you will see that the mist will absorb into the chipboard as soon as you apply the tool.

Technique - step by step photos (6 of 8)

Step 5: Work around the chipboard piece

Technique - step by step photos (7 of 8)

Step 6: Allow to dry thoroughly - this can take a while - then use a hole punch (I used a crop a file from We r Memory Keepers) to pierce a hole and then use a decorative brad for the centre.
Technique - step by step photos (8 of 8)
I love this effect and I know that I will keep experimenting with this great tool!

Cheers
Kim

12 comments:

  1. Awesome tech & beautiful layout! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique! I've got some different leather stamps that would be perfect for this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout and your flowers are fabulous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fantabulous lo! LOVE the colors, design,
    stitching and oh so cool technique with the tool!
    PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute layout! The action shots are perfect as well as the papers you chose! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh I love this, the detail is awesome :)
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout and I love the effect the chipboard tool gives! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super use of the tool! LOVE the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving everything I see made with these papers: Fabulous page!
    Chipboard technique looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so gorgeous and I love the technique!

    ReplyDelete