Spray it thoroughly

Hi! It is Kim here bringing you a technique with the wonderful new GCD Chip Art tool.

Over my years of scrapping I have used a LOT of chipboard and to say that I was excited when I saw a new tool for working with chipboard released by GCD Studios might have been an understatement.

I love the Chip Art tool - I love the texture it can provide so easily to a piece of what would otherwise be plain chipboard.

This is the layout that I created to demonstrate my technique ...

And this is how the chipboard will look when it is finished ...

technique - fly (5 of 8)

All papers and embellishments on this layout are from the Homespun Chic range by Melody Ross.

For this technique I have used Lemon Maya Mist by Maya Road - it has awesome coverage and ends up with this beautiful gold metallic finish.

Step 1: Select a raw chipboard piece - I have used a flower from this set.

Technique - step by step photos (1 of 8)

Step 2: Spray it thoroughly

Technique - step by step photos (3 of 8)

Step 3: Allow it to start absorbing into the chipboard

Technique - step by step photos (5 of 8)

Step 4: Before it is completely dry, use the Chip Art tool - you will see that the mist will absorb into the chipboard as soon as you apply the tool.

Technique - step by step photos (6 of 8)

Step 5: Work around the chipboard piece

Technique - step by step photos (7 of 8)

Step 6: Allow to dry thoroughly - this can take a while - then use a hole punch (I used a crop a file from We r Memory Keepers) to pierce a hole and then use a decorative brad for the centre.
Technique - step by step photos (8 of 8)
I love this effect and I know that I will keep experimenting with this great tool!



  1. Awesome tech & beautiful layout! TFS

  2. Cool technique! I've got some different leather stamps that would be perfect for this! Thanks for sharing.

  3. Love your layout and your flowers are fabulous:-)

  4. Such a fantabulous lo! LOVE the colors, design,
    stitching and oh so cool technique with the tool!

  5. Such a cute layout! The action shots are perfect as well as the papers you chose! Love it!

  6. Oooohhh I love this, the detail is awesome :)

  7. Gorgeous layout and I love the effect the chipboard tool gives! xxD

  8. Super use of the tool! LOVE the layout!

  9. I am loving everything I see made with these papers: Fabulous page!
    Chipboard technique looks awesome too!

  10. So, so gorgeous and I love the technique!