4.28.2010

a great focal point to a layout

TECHNIQUE LAYOUT
by Megan Klauer

I love how just folding a strip of paper can add such a great focal point to a layout, card or project. I used a few simple products to create just that.
You'll need:
2 strips of patterned paper {I used 1/2" x 12"}
circle punch {I used 2 5/16" by The Paper Studio}
Sticky Strip {by Stampin' Up!}
Photobucket
1} Punch circle from pattern paper {would work great to use a photo in the center too!} and cut paper strips...
Photobucket
2} Add Sticky Strip to the back of each paper strip & adhere circle to layout or project...
Photobucket
3} Start creating the "ruffle flower" by simply back folding the strip of paper as you continue around the circle using both strips of paper...
Photobucket
Photobucket
and all finished!
Photobucket
and here is how I used them on my layout...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Layout supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin'Up!
Patterned Paper: Collections - Homespun Chic
Embellishments: Metal Rimmed Glass Brads - Homespun Chic by Melody Ross, Fabric Brads - Homespun Chic by Melody Ross, Textile Tags - Homespun Chic by Melody Ross
Punches: Martha Stewart, The Paper Studio, Fiskars
Chipboard letters: Cosmo Cricket
Precision Pen by American Crafts & Sharpie Marker
Adhesive: Xyron & Sticky Strip by Stampin' Up!

20 comments:

  1. I feel like such a dork. I tried this ruffle look (with ribbon) for the first time several weeks ago, but I used a glue dot underneath and on top of every fold. Time consuming!! A strip of tacky tape is pure genius, Megan!!! And it'll work on ribbon, too. Duh.... I should've known this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tip Megan! I love those butterflies on the bottom too... you layout is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww such a sweet layout Megan! Great tip about the tacky tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooooo cute!!! soooooooooo sweet!! sooooooooo fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! Will definetely try that technique - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout!! Thanks for the super tip:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous and this layout is awesome!! I am going to have to try to make some for my next layout. Thanks for the inspiration and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute idea! I am going to have to give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable...thank you for the how to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, pretty page, super cute little girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful!!! LOVE the design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Megan I love this! The photo and colors are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a doll baby...great lalyout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super photo and layout. great tip, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete