Teri here today, and I'm excited to share a new and fun way to alter buttons.
I am going to show you how to make paper-rimmed buttons with patterned paper from the Melody Ross' Homespun Chic collection for GCD Studios.
Paper-rimmed buttons? You are thinking, "What?" Yeah. I know. ;)
So here is a peek of what I am talking about.
Paper-rimmed buttons are so easy to make. Let me show you how.
You are going to need: buttons; patterned paper; a bottle of glue; scissors; nail file or sand paper; and a paper trimmer.
And here's how to make a paper-rimmed button.
1. Use your trimmer to cut a strip of patterned paper. The paper should be wide enough to fit on the edge of your button.
2. Squirt a dab of glue on a piece of scratch paper. Roll the button through it. Don't worry if excess glue gets on your button. Just clean wipe it off with a rag or paper towel before it dries.
3. Roll the paper strip around the button. Trim away the excess paper.
4. Use a nail file or sanding blog to sand the edges of the paper.
5. The end result? A really cute button (or two or three).
And here's a card I made with my buttons.
I think the paper gives the buttons a little extra personality.
And here's another card I made with my buttons.
Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back again soon!
for GCD Studios