4.07.2010

Ladies, get out your brown lunch bags! + NEWS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Its Windy Robinson here to share with you how to make super simple kraft flowers. All you need to make this stunning embellishment is:
  • a recycled brown bag or a brown lunch bag
  • decorative brads
  • glimmer mist (or shimmer/glitter spray)
  • flower punch
To make flower:
Grab a bag and a medium and/or small flower punch
Punch away
Spray punched flowers with glimmer mist
After flowers are dry, crumple them up (If you have little ones asking to help, this is the perfect job for them;)
Gently flatten your flowers back out, stack together, and punch a hole through the center
Secure with a decorative brad
Viola! A super quick, easy (and green if you use what you have on hand;) embellishment for your card or scrapbook page!
Patterned paper (Ava and Homespun Chic by Melody Ross); brad (Artsy Urban by Melody Ross); epoxy sticker (Homespun Chic) other (rhinestone by K & Co., Offray ribbon, thread & kraft paper)
To create card:
1) cut card from kraft
2) adhere patterned papers and sew
3) apply sentiment
4) embellish with ribbon and flower (add bling by placing a crystal in the center of flower's brad)
Card measures: 4.25" x 5.5"
Vary flower sizes for a different look or to add a cluster of flowers to you project.
Patterned paper (Artsy Urban and Homespun Chic by Melody Ross); fabric brads (Homespun Chic by Melody Ross); other (rhinestones by Queen & Co., Offray ribbon, clear Stamp by Technique Tuesday, DMC floss, kraft and Tsukineko ink)
To create card:
1) cut card from kraft
2) adhere patterned papers and stamp sentiment
3) embellish yellow flowers by stitching with floss and adding red crystals
4) add kraft flowers and ribbon
Card measures: 5.5" x 4.25"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chipart tool contest winners:

1st Prize: Pam Bray
2nd Prize: Christine Hatchell
3rd prize: Julie Campbell

Tomorrow I'mm show their projects :)

28 comments:

  1. Those flowers are super cute! I have those punches and I haven't used them for the longest time, but I am inspired to pull them out now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these flowers!!!! I have to run right into my craft room and try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!! I'll have to try it out. I love handmade flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Windy,

    Love those cards! When I purchased that line of paper (Isn't it just the most beautiful stuff) I hadn't thought what to do with it yet. Now you've given me some inspiration.......thanks!

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am REALLY loving all of the projects from the new DT! They're GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my fantabulousness!! I couldn't love these cards more!! WOW!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Windy - love this tutorial & fabulous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Windy, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards Windy! Love the you used up something that most of us would toss! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cool-I'm loving all things kraft right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these cards and those kraft flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are gorgeous! I love the embroidered details. What a great material for making those flowers. Love this idea :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love this Windy. Off to get a flower punch ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Windy- these are so cool! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super job on the tut Windy! The cards are so fresh and sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course Melody is going to be near where I live the weekend that I am not going to be around!

    Windy! WOW! Totally love those flowers!

    Congrats to the winners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fab Windy! I am so making these! Congrats winners!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Excited to see I won 1st prize to the Chipboard Tool Contest. I am so excited. I can't say enough about this product. It is a must have. YIPPEE! Congrats to the other winners and I am definitely going to make some of those flowers today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christine HatchellApril 8, 2010 at 5:57 AM

    Agggh! I got on this morning and saw I won!!! AGGGH! I am so excited! I love love love this tool... Congrats to the other winners! I can't wait to see everybody's projects! :) It is going to be a fabulous day! :)
    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm doing the happy dance!!! Thank you guys SO, so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these! and kraft is so "in" these days. What a perfect embellie! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a great flower tutorial! Stunning cards, Windy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great! I can use Stampin' Up's new flower punch for this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous flowers! I'm going to definitely punch some out and try this.

    p.s. have you announced the "Blinkie" winner from the same post as the Chipart Tool Contest (from 3/9/2010)?

    ReplyDelete