4.24.2010

Mix of gold, maroon, and black

Hello everyone!! So excited to be here sharing with you all today :) When I printed off this photo of my son I knew the color scheme was perfect for the GCD Studios Artsy Urban line. I just love how the mix of gold, maroon, and black in the patterned papers totally complimented the pic.
Photobucket
I definitely love to layer, and this layout was no different. I used a combination of the border strips, inspiration cards, mat pads, journal cards, chipboard stickers and patterned paper to incorporate a number of patterns & colors into layout.
Photobucket
I also wanted to add some dimension to the layout as well so I used some punched patterned paper & chipboard to create this cute flower.
Photobucket
The flower was super easy & quick so I thought I would take a moment to share how you too can create this flower to use on your layouts.
Handmade Flower Tutorial:
#1 First off, you will need 2 sizes of flower punches, patterned paper, paint, mist, twine, a chipboard circle, a thin paintbrush, and sandpaper.
Photobucket
#2 Begin by punching 2 flowers of varying size. You want to make sure the patterned paper is double-sided because you will see both sides in the final flower.
Photobucket
#3 Use the end of a thin paintbrush to curl up each petal.
Photobucket
#4 Do this to every petal on both punched flowers.
Photobucket
#5 Attach the smaller curled flower on top of the larger curled flower. I used a thick pop-dot so that the smaller flower was slightly raised above the larger.
Photobucket
#6 Now you will need to create the center of the flower. Paint the front of a small chipboard circle & spray a light coating of mist on it. Once dry, sand the edges a bit to give it a distressed feel. Punch 2 small holes near the center to create the "button".
Photobucket
#7 Using a piece of twine, tie a small bow through the holes of the button. Adhere this to your flower & voila - a fun & easy handmade flower to add to your layouts!!!
Photobucket
- Julie

14 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous layout!!!! LOVE that flower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is just beautiful!!! Love the layers and the your homemade flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing layout and an amazing photo to top it off! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Julie! Love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!! Love the tutorial as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! Love the pic and the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantabulous! LOVE the misting and the stitching!
    great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have all those layers working together.
    And thanks for the flower tutorial: Love those too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so wonderful!! Pure perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been back to look at his entry several times. I have 4 sons and 2 grandsons. Over the past several weeks I've been rethinking how I want to scrap a lot of their photos. I decided I wanted to start doing layouts that would stand the test of time. This is a perfect example of what I've been looking for.Years from now this will still be fresh and interesting. Thank you for such wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie- love your layout! this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete