4.16.2010

get out your old paper crimper!

Happy Spring! Our theme this month at GCD Studios is all about spring! And with that being said, I was inspired to create this bird house using the Homespun Chic collection! The gorgeous pinks and greens just scream "Happy Spring!" to me!

Be Brave Birdie
by Juliana Michaels

Here is a close up my sparkly little birdie!
I used the Chip Art tool to add the fun texture to the Chip Art bird!
She really has a fabulous sparkly quality!

Chipboard Birdie Technique:
Paint the chipboard bird with yellow acrylic paint.
Let it dry.
Using the mini ornamental stamp, stamp the image randomly all over the bird.
Paint it with Shimmerz.
Let it dry.
Cover with a light coat of Stickles.
Let it dry...
And ta-da! You now have a super sparkly, happy yellow birdie!


Here you can see some of the dimension I created by cutting out extras of the flowers and popping them up with double sided foam tape.
I finished them off by adding a little pink pearls to the centers!

For the roof, I ran strips of paper through a paper crimper.
I then cut these strips into random sized "tiles" and hot glued them to the roof to give it the appearance of a real roof.
Supplies:
Homespun Chic Pink Sparkle
Homespun Chic Homespun Mod
Homespun Chic Pink Stitchery
Homespun Chic Word Strips
Chip Art Chipboard Shapes Birds
Chip Art Ornamental Stamps Mini Shapes

Other Supplies:
Bird House Hobby Lobby
Shimmerz
Stickles
Kaiser Craft Pearls
Fiskars Paper Crimper and Border Punch


I hope this project helps you become a bit more spring inspired today!

Happy Hugs!
Juliana

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is just beautiful and I will have to try out the old paper crimper!!!

    Thanks for sharing!!! I LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I still had my old paper crimper!!! This is really pretty!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have a crimper but LOVE the project! Love the papers - Gorgeous colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the use of the crimper!!! I haven't used it in forever...time to dig it out! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh myyyyyyyy goodness how fantabulous is this?! LOVE it in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this project...the crimper really does add so much depth!!
    Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! This collection is the yummiest ever and your birdhouse is divine! I just LOVE the crimper for details like that. I use it all the time! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Juliana, I need to head out a buy a bird house to decorate for my scrap room! Call Donna and I if you every come into town, we would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AMAZING!!!! Love the pamper crimping for the roof!!! FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love the crimped roof...it looks fabulous, and give so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Juliana! Love the details esp. that roof!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Juliana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely Juliana! And I'm still lovin' that bird!! It totally pops!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Juliana, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete