4.19.2010

“Spring has Blossomed”

APRIL THEME LAYOUT
By: Melissa Mann

The theme for my “Spring has Blossomed” layout was one that involved a clean, simple, fresh, & springlike look. To achieve this, I used light colors that invoke the thoughts of new fresh spring growth.

Yellow & green are the predominant colors used on this layout. The pictures are of some dogwoods in my neighborhood that had just recently burst into bloom! I used the patterned papers from the Ava Collection & the English Garden Collection. I also used the new Chip Art Tool on this layout! If you look at the top left hand corner, you will notice a scalloped piece of chipboard with the word “spring” imprinted on it. I used the lowercase alphabet to spell out the word. After placing each letter on the chipboard, I then painted the entire thing green. After that dried, I mixed together an off-white color paint and some mod podge – then painted that over top the green. I let it dry for just a moment, and then wiped it off and then inked the edges.

The following links will show you some pictures that inspired the color palette for this layout.



SUPPLIES USED:
Cardstock: Kraft
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios Ava Collection & English Garden Collection
1.Sunny Pinwheels
2.Crosshatch
3.In the Conservatory
Thread
Punches: Martha Stewart Border & Butterfly Punch, Fiskars Scallop Punch, & EK Success Circle Punch
Chipboard: GCD Studios
GCD Studios Chip Art Tools
1.Lowercase Letters
2.Mallet
3.Mat
Embellishments
1.Fontwerks Label Sticker
2.My Minds Eye Lush Alphabet
3.Pink Paislee Captivating Alphabet
4.My Minds Eye Lush Bling
5.GCD Studios Crocheted Flower – Artsy Urban Collection
6.GCD Studios Flower Button – Homespun Chic Collection
7.GCD Studios Glitter Butterfly – Artsy Urban Collection
8.Rubons – unknown
Ink: Black Stazon
Stamp: Studio Calico
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, here are 2 BEAUTIFUL layouts by Laura!

This banner is to die for and I love the pop of aqua teal with pink

And check out this layout. Laura and I became friends at the 2009 CHA winter show. Thanks to scrapbooking we met! This layout also has another great friend of mine on it... Emilie Ahern :)
Thanks Laura and Melissa for your beautiful work! Love ya girls!
~H

13 comments:

  1. perfectly spring-y and gorgeous!! It just has a lovely peaceful feel...like all is right in the world! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I just love the colors that were used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout!!! Love the "spring" on the chipboard!!!! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just screaming spring - love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is fab-O! I love the banner too! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LO Melissa and more fabulous LO's by Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa, I love that fresh and clean look on your spring layout. Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These LOs by Melissa and Laura are absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa- that layout is so beautiful, crisp and clean!
    Laura- your layouts are fab too, love that banner!

    ReplyDelete