6.24.2010

blue skies and summer days

This month’s theme is all about blue skies and summer
days.




I immediately thought of my very favorite flower photograph with a big
bright blue sky background. I love this photo so much, I
keep it posted on an inspiration board in my studio.

To create the layout, I brainstormed for words describing all the
things that come to mind when I see this sunflower photo. Then I used
those words to make a word collage instead of using just one title.


I started by adding Sunflower Mist to the background, created a matte
for my photo and word collage, threw in some borders and sprinkled
with a few embellishments. To me, it looks like sunshine on a
scrapbook page!

Supplies List:
Papers: Ava Collection by Melody Ross
Embellishments: Die Cut Boarders, Epoxy Stickers, Clear Stickers,
Crochet Flowers, Metal Rimmed Glass Brads all from the Arsty Urban
Collection by Melody Ross
Letter Stickers: Thickers by American Crafts, Mini Market
Stickers by October Afternoon, Making Memories and Sassafrass
Gems: Basic Grey and The Beadery
Punches: Ek Success
Ink: Maya Mist- Sunflower Metallic & Turquoise Metallic


I hope you have some beautiful, bright-blue skies where you are today!
Leslie

7 comments: