6.25.2010

My Own Embellishments

Hello! One of my favorite things to do when making cards is to create my own embellishments. Right now I am addicted to making these folded medallions... I think they are a great way to add dimension and ensure that your embellies are a perfect match.
Patterned paper (Artsy Urban mat pad), glitter stickers, tool (Chip Art Tool and flower center stamps), paint (Glimmer Mist), cardstock (white), other (scalloped edge decorative scissors)
To create card:
1) make card from cardstock
2) adhere patterned paper from mat pad
3) adhere medallion on card
4) stamp and paint chipboard, allow to dry and adhere to medallion, add punched paper and number sticker
To make medallion:
Punch edge of paper
Cut into a 12" long strip. Vary width of strip to change size of medallion
Score at every 1/4" mark
Make accordion fold at score marks
Adhere ends
Fold in medallion flat
Glue to disc
Patterned paper (Artsy Urban mat pad), layered flowers (Artsy Urban), glitter stickers, cardstock (kraft), other (scalloped edge decorative scissors)
To create card:
1) make card from kraft
2) adhere patterned paper from mat pad
3) adhere letter stickers
4) tie on bow
5) fold and layer medallion with parts of Artsy Urban layered flower and adhere to bow Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Completely fabulous! I've been wanting to try those medallions and you've inspired me to get started on it TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic-I make medallions but never once thought of using a border punch to add interest. Thanks for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windy, these are gorgeous! I love your rosettes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the medallions Windy- beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete