6.15.2010

WINNERS + White tissue paper and mod podge

The winner of the butterfly stickers is....

Janine Rachau said...

Lovely cards! And, awesome dimensional stickers! Fingers crossed. :)


The Winner on FB for the boarder strips is....

Kelly Massman: "That is gorgeous! I'm heading over there to see more of her work!"


The winner of the Chipboard letters is....
Tanya said...

Beautiful layout! I have never heard of the Chip Art Collection tools, so cool. Love that "D", have never seen such an amazing chip board letter.Thanks for the chance. :)


Send me your info at hsonboul@gcdstudios.com AND place your prize info in the subject line :)

CONGRATS girls!

~H

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, Kim here! It is my turn to share a technique with you and since in the northern hemisphere you are heading into summer, I thought I would share a great technique with you to create your own embellishments perfect for outdoor / summer pages - clouds.

This is the layout that I created with the clouds I made using this technique ...

Technique - layout (1 of 4)

Step 1 - Gather your supplies: white cardstock, white tissue paper and mod podge

Technique step by step (1 of 11)

Step 2 - Using mod podge, crinkle and paste the tissue paper onto the cardstock

Technique step by step (4 of 11)

Step 3 - cover whole piece of cardstock using this technique and it will end up looking like this ...

Technique step by step (5 of 11)

Step 4 - set aside to dry. I left mine overnight.

Step 5 - I found it was creamer than I wanted when it dried, so I painted it with white paint and again set it aside to dry.

Technique step by step (6 of 11)


Technique step by step (7 of 11)

Step 6 - I then sprayed it with a pearl Glimmermist to make it shiny and again set it aside to dry.

Technique step by step (8 of 11)

Step 7 - once it is dry, cut cloud shapes from it ...

Technique step by step (10 of 11)

Step 8 - Cut the number of clouds that you want for your project and you are ready to go ...

Technique step by step (11 of 11)

I simply glued my clouds down, but you could also use foam tape to add even more dimension.

Technique - layout (2 of 4)

All products used for this layout are from the Artsy Urban range by Melody Ross for GCD Studios except for the letters which are American Crafts.

Cheers
Kim

10 comments:

  1. I love this little tutorial!!!! Thanks for sharing and congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats ladies! Such a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing technique ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique. And, I'm excited about the stickers, thank you so much. I am looking forward to using them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable!! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique! Those clouds are adorable!
    Fabulous l/o!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winner!!!

    And what a cool technique Kim! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete