6.11.2010

A trip to Florida

For the month of June, the design team was given this image as inspiration:

The pretty blues in this collage gave me inspiration to work with some beach photos from a trip to Florida a couple years ago. I came up with this layout:


I used kraft Bazzill Swiss Dot cardstock for my base and it helped the GCD Studios Homespun Chic collection by Melody Ross just pop off the page. The colors matched the blue sky and our cabana perfectly.

Here's a close-up of part of the title using one of the chipboard phrases in the collection and a border strip.


I cut one of the transparencies apart and used some of it here with a brad and chipboard phrase. The patterned paper borders on the top and bottom of the layout are cut from the 8 x 8 paper pad.

Here's the rest of the title using one of the cards, transparency, brad and the crocheted flower is from the Artsy Urban collection.


Additional supplies used: (Maya Road pink ruffle trim, Bazzill Swiss Dot cardstock, Making Memories notebook paper, alphabet stickers)

Doesn't this make you want to go to Florida?! I know I could use another trip! :)

Jill

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! You captured the inspiration pics perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS layout!!!!! And yes, your layout TOTALLY makes me want to go to Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super layout! now I want to go to the beach so bad thou! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come visit me in Sarasota, FL! Love the layout. Espec the neat transparency trick at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos and this is terrifically, whimsically put together!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea but, not really the norm if you live here. We still face the daily grind of work, wash and wondering how it will be when we retire...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable l/o! The photos are so fun! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete