6.29.2010

Let your stars shine

Hey there, It's me Heidi V and I have a little tutorial to share today! I am going to show you a very easy way to make 3-dimensional stars.

1. Start by die-cutting or punching out you star shape.


2. Next score the star down the center, from one tip to the "V" between two tips


3. Continue scoring the entire star this way.


4. Pinch the star on the score lines to form peaks and valleys.


5. Ta da! You now have a 3-dimensional star!

To adhere your star to your project, stack pieces of foam adhesive in the center.

The finished result:

The first card I created is a simple congratulations card. I added two dimensional stars, one matted with some yellow paper and topped with a button.

Supplies:
DP: (Quilted Foil [back], Sky Brocade) Lydia Collection by Melody Ross, (Black Floral[back], Blue Floral [back]) Melody Ross Artsy Urban(
Petit Floral Glitter) Melody Ross Lydia Collection, All GCD Studios, (Glitter Transparent Shapes & Tags), (Black Button) Melody Ross Artsy Urban by GCD Studios, Paper crimper: Fiskars, Tool: Pazzles Inspiration

For my second card I created a little something for dad.


I used stars in many shades of blue and sprinkled meaningful words in between them.

Supplies:
DP: (Quilted Foil [back], Sky Brocade [front & back]) Lydia Collection by Melody Ross, (Black Floral[back], Book Page, Blue Floral [back]) Melody Ross Artsy Urban, All GCD Studios
, (Sticky Note Journal Cards) Melody Ross Artsy Urban by GCD Studios, Tool: Pazzles Inspiration
Size: 4.25x5.5"

I hope you give this technique a try! It is so easy and a great way to add dimension to masculine projects!

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE stars, having all boys they are my go to embellishment. Love this technique and think will be used alot.
    PS am going to post link on my blog hope that's allowed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely fabulous! LOVE the stars...thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this technique Heidi! terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this idea! Thanks for the tip! I will definitely be using it. ~Amy Tara~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy and super cool! Thanks for sharing this in a perfectly timed way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff! Love stars! "raining stars" is what came to mind..hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! This is a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right
    that's a very nice star

    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !! COOL! And so easy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete