6.08.2010

Subtle Texture

Hello, GCD Studios fans, it’s Leslie Davis here with a technique to
share today.

Since Father’s Day is just around the corner, I wanted to create a
scrapbook page honoring my husband and his love for our children.

Here’s the layout I created.


I was playing around with the papers I had in blue and found myself
admiring, yet again, the back side of the foil embossed paper from GCD
Studios and the wonderfully subtle texture. It reminded me of
the printed core embossed papers that are popping up everywhere right
now. Here's a peek at the foil side.



I got to work on the solid side with my file board, but any fine grit
sandpaper is fine. Sanding the paper removes some of color
bringing out the amazing texture of the embossed paper. I found it
worked best to move the file in a circular motion.





I love how the distressed paper makes a wonderful weathered background
for my beach photo. Here is a closer look.



Supply List
Papers: Book Page & Black floral (back)- Artsy Urban by Melody
Ross, Quilted (back)-Lydia Collection by Melody Ross
Embellishments:
Transparency Designs, Die Cut Boarders & Rhinestone Paperclips-
Artsy Urban by Melody Ross
Letter Stickers: Thickers by American Crafts and Mini Market
Stickers by October Afternoon
Other: Paper Tape by 7 Gypsies, Rhinestone stickers by Recollections,
Flower Centers by Prima, Felt Ribbon by Paper Studios, buttons
Ink: Daler-Rowney FW Acrylic Ink


Just in case you were wondering, here is a list of other GCD Studios
papers this technique would work with.

Teal Pinwheels, Ava Collection by
Melody Ross
Crosshatch, Ava Collection by Melody Ross
Fancy Stripe, Lydia Collection by Melody Ross
Quilted, Lydia Collection by Melody Ross
Gone Bananas, Smoothie Shoppe Collection
Smoothie Stripes, Smoothie Shoppe Collection


Hope this inspires you to get out your sanding tools and find those
hidden textures!
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Awesome page! Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that paper and the sanding technique is one of my favs for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea!! love the texture! great stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful LO Leslie! The sanding is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC page!!! Fun technique too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout and your title work is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely piece of work~ Great technique!

    ReplyDelete