6.26.2010

recycling and re-purposing



As you've seen this month, this beautiful piece has been our inspiration. I started out thinking- earth and recycling/re-purposing. I love the clouds and all the blues. I decided to remake an altered tin I had created for a mini album I never finished. I recycled it into a tin to hold my bobbins for sewing.
I created the tin with mainly blues, adding in a little yellow and pink with embellishments and paper. I wrapped the tin with different Ava collection papers. Then I added this chipboard oval to the front of the tin. I layered it over a white cardstock cut with deco scissors.
Remember that photo montage at the top- and the beautiful clouds and the sweet cloud necklace-they inspired me to add clouds to my tin. I embossed my blue paper with a swirls embossing folder, then hand cut out and foam taped the clouds in layers.
I added faux stitching on my oval, then added the sewing machine lady to the front of the tin. I added a chipboard word strip, buttons and the word Bobbins to the front.
For the top of he tin, I cut sewing pattern tissue paper in circles, then I added this large button looping my twine to make it into a flower. I also added another word chipboard strip, and a bow to pretty up the handle.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today!

supplies- gcd studios ( ava collection papers, Homespun chic embellishments- chipboard strips, vintage buttons, chipboard sticker, chipboard oval.) other- sewing pattern paper, black pen, ribbon, some buttons)

kris

7 comments: