6.16.2010

Go Fly a Kite!!!

We had a fabulous inspiration piece for this month! Don't you agree? I was most definitely inspired by the blue skies and the fluffy white clouds!

Here is my take...

...on this photo collage!

I just love the dimensional feel to the kites and the clouds!
I started by sketching out my design and then drawing out the clouds on the patterned paper. I cut the kites out of the patterned paper and folded them to create the creases. I then popped them up using double sided foam adhesive.
But what about those fluffy clouds you ask?!

To create the fluffy clouds I cut out 2 of the same shape for each cloud. I used my sewing machine to straight stitch around the edges leaving a small opening on one end. I then stuffed pillow stuffing inside the paper cloud pillow and then sewed that end closed. I adhere them with a small amount of hot glue from my hot glue gun! Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Lydia Collection Petit Floral Glitter, Lydia Collection Sky Brocade, Smoothie Shoppe Collection Ice Cubes



Happy Hugs!
Juliana

12 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful design! I absolutely love all the details! Beautiful and great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! What a great project and not too difficult!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could not be cuter!! LOOOOVVE this sososooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is just too cute! So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how amazing!! LOVE this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Juliana, this is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling pieces. I love the clouds.

    ReplyDelete