6.03.2010

Blue skies, puffy clouds & fresh summer air

Hi there, it's me Heidi V!

I absolutely LOVE GCD Studios June theme! Blue skies, puffy clouds, fresh summer air...I love it! If you know me you know this is right up my alley!

This first card was mostly inspired by that fun gradient piece in the upper left. Of course, I had to add some clouds too!

Every single piece of paper you see is from GCD Studios, including the clouds which are actually a pale, pale shade of ice blue. To find all the different shades of blue I mixed papers from the Artsy Urban, Lydia and Smoothie Shoppe Collections.

Supplies:
DP: (Quilted Foil [back], Sky Brocade [front & back]) Lydia Collection by Melody Ross, (Ice Cubes [front &back], Shoppe Flowers [back]) Smoothie Shoppe Collection, (paper from Artsy Urban 8x8 pad) All GCD Studios, Embossing folder: Provocraft, Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Letter rub-ons: Doodlebug Designs

Size: 5x7"


I freehand cut the clouds and added a bit of texture by embossing them. I thought the sentiment would make it a perfect card for graduation.
I loved the pic of the balloons too, they just feel like summer! Instead of balloons though I decided to take the idea of something colorful and summery and create some pinwheels.

.I broke out Some absolutely beautiful papers from the Melody Ross Lydia Collection for this one, the colors just scream summer! I also altered some brads from the Homespun Chic Collection to create the center of the pinwheels. I removed the small bit of fabric from their center, punched a flower from some Lydia paper and adhered it to the brads to make them coordinate perfectly with the papers I was using.


.Supplies:
DP: (Petit Floral Glitter, Linnen, Sky Brocade, Quilted Foil) Melody Ross Lydia Collection, Brads: (Homespun Brads) Melody Ross Homespun Chic Collection GCD Studios, Letter Stickers: K&Co., Ribbon: Offray, Decorative edge scissors: Fiskars, Other: kabob sticks
Size:5x7"


I love the way that faded blue damask looks like sky and the green plaid looks like grass!

What about summer inspires you to create?

8 comments: