3.05.2011

3 adorable CHA projects

Hi all! Juliana here sharing the projects I created for the fantastic GCD Studios award winning CHA booth! I had a great time creating all three of my projects and I hope, as you take a peak at them, that you find some inspiration you can use on your next crafting project!

First up is a Ferris Wheel party center piece that I found at my local craft store. Of course, I knew right away that the new Fun House collection was the perfect partner for this project!
To dress it up a bit, I added tickets hand cut from the patterned paper. I backed them with scrap chipboard to give them more dimension and durability. I also embellished it with Melody Ross ChipArt Chipboard stars that I dressed up using a gold leafing pen and gold distress Stickles.
On some of the stars I debossed them using the Melody Ross Chip Art tool and the Mini Shapes Ornamental Stamps. The final touch was an accordion folded medallion that I added to the center of each wheel and topped with a gold star!Ferris Wheel Fun
Supplies:

Fun House 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Chip Art Tool
Chip Art Ornamental Stamps: Mini Shapes
Chipboard Shapes: Stars

My next project is an altered painters tray that I altered using Animal Cracker for Girls! I cut out images from the fantastic die cut paper that is included in this collection and used them to "fill" some of the little openings.
I once again used some of the Melody Ross Chipboard Shapes and Chip Art tool to embellish this project. For these pieces I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist and then debossed them. Once dry I painted a light coat of antiquing gel and then wiped the excess away. I then added an edging of gold using a gold leafing pen.
Animal Cracker Tray
Supplies:

Animal Crackers for Girls 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Chip Art Tool
Chip Art Ornamental Stamps: Mini Shapes and Vintage Floral
Chip Art Alphabet Stamps: Bluebird Uppercase
Chipboard Shapes: Flowers and Basic Shapes/Small

For my final project I was inspired to create a cute little purse diorama using the new Material Girl collection! When I saw this purse at my local craft store, I knew it would be the perfect thing to alter with these papers!
More Melody Ross Chipboard love on this one using Glimmer Mist. This works the same as lightly misting it with the spray bottle of water if you let it dry just a bit before you deboss it with the stamps. When you open the purse you can see the little diorama I created on the inside of the purse. I cut the perfume bottles from the patterned paper and then adhere them to the bottom so they would stand up and look more dimensional.
Material Girl Purse
Supplies:
Material Girl 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Chip Art Tool
Chip Art Ornamental Stamps: Squiggle
Chipboard Shapes: Butterflies and 12"Borders

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed looking at the projects I created for CHA as much as I enjoyed making them!
HUGS!
Juliana

28 comments:

  1. WOW, those altered projects are all amazing. That Ferris Wheel must have been a huge hit at CHA, it is perfect with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! These are ALL AMAZING!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that ferris wheel!!! WOWWWWWWWW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are amazing!!! I wish I could have seen them in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I LOVE the ferris wheel and the chip art looks great on all of the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! These projects are amazingly creative! Absolutely love the carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very cute ... simply adorable projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that Ferris Wheel is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously the CUTEST projects EVER!! I am in AWE!! LOVE them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in love with these trays...I see them EVERYWHERE!!! I am on the lookout for something I can do this to! Lovin all of this GCD goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Amazing projects! Love the carousel! and everything you did with the chip art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects Juliana! All of your extra details and touches are perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning projects!!
    Love all of them!!
    So very creative!!
    Love how you added the chip art embellishments creations to your projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute projects, I adore the ferris wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That ferris wheel is to DIE for! It's just darling! My son has a circus themed room, now where oh where can I put a paper crafted ferris wheel so my 3 year old tornado won't destroy it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUS!!!! That Ferris Wheel rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These projects are all sooo fun and beautiful!! I have to get the Melody Ross Chipboard tool soon!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WWOW!! That ferris wheel!!!! AWESOMEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhhh WOWEEEEE.... gorgeous gorgeous projects!!!
    I'm in awe........
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh WOW, these are such fantastic projects!!!! I'm totally in love with the ferris wheel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Ferris wheel!! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great projects Juliana!! Loved the booth!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely, super fantastic project, Juliana!!!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, Juliana! Your projects are fabulous! So amazing! Each and every one a work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Juliana, your work blows me away! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous projects, always exciting to see how far we can go with a couple sheets of pretty paper

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too cool and so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous projects!!! I'm loving the shadow box the most!

    ReplyDelete