8.04.2010

Greeley Colorado



For some reason I have the “wheels on the bus” song playing in my head today. Perhaps it’s the fact that I use to sing it for hours on end when my kids were toddlers or it could be that today is my turn to show you “all through my town”.
That’s right this month each of us will take a turn to give you a glimse of our town! I am really excited because it’s like a month of travel – virtual travel :0
So, how about “traveling” with me to Greeley Colorado:


While I might not be able to convince you to move to my town anytime soon – I think it’s a great place to raise a family and I may be partial here but Colorado really does have the most magnificent scenery and sunsets! Not to mention that we have 300 days of sunshine a year – I know snow plus sun!
My journaling reads:
We have lived in several different parts of the country during our 12+ years of marriage but Greeley, CO has been where we have called home now for the past 8+ years. While it took some getting use to (the smell of Montfort Beef) for the most party we have really enjoyed living here.
Some of our favorite things about Greeley include the closeness of the mountains, the small knit community, the beautiful parks and ton of outdoor activities. We also enjoy the local bakeries such as Eileen’s cookies and as well as local restaurants like Red
Dogs and Doughnuts.
Education is important to us (with 3 small children) and we have been very happy with the schools and teachers. Our three active kids also enjoy the various sports that the city leagues offer and I enjoy photographing them – so it’s a win for everyone.
While it’s true that you will not find any amazing theme parks or crazy local attractions in our community – the trade off is that it’s a safe and beautiful community to raise a family and that’s what’s most important to us. 7/2010

Thanks for letting me share a bit of my community with you today! Have a super day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. My family is from Greeley, Co and all my uncles use to work at Montfort. I know the smell trust me!!! That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Lawrenson Hall still the tallest building in NE Colorado? It was when I was there in the mid-to-late '80s.

    ReplyDelete