8.23.2010

photography is an art of observation

To me, photography is an art of observation. it's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... i've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” ~ Elliott Erwitt

This is a long time favorite quote of mine. I love photography. I love collecting some of the older cameras – they have such character! My most recent purchase was a sweet little Ansco Rediflex from Ebay. I paid a total of $10.99 for it. Hence, the inspiration for this layout. I took a series of photos of the camera a couple of weeks ago [I was practicing with some different exposure settings], and there were a pile of freshly printed photos on my desk when I sat down to do this layout and so I present “Ansco Love”. :-)



My technique this month is a very simple one. I've been searching for some different ways to use the fabulous chip art tool. After a not-so-good experiment with beeswax [totally my fault though – that stuff gets VERY hot], I settled on some regular old cardstock, a chipart stamp, & some distress ink. Basically, just stamped the chipart stamp onto the ink pad, and then “stamped” the cardstock – then punched out the image using a Martha Stewart scalloped circle punch. I tucked them into a couple of spots on my layout for a quick, easy embellishment.






SUPPLIES USED:

Bazzill & Kraft Cardstock
GCD Studios Patterned Paper, Felt Trim, Chipboard Label
Thread
Typewriter
Martha Stewart Butterfly, Loop, Circle, & Lace Punches
Making Memories Metal Flower Embellishments
Basic Grey Faux Pearls
Studio Calico & October Afternoon Alphabet
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Amy Butler Fabric
Pop-Dots
Gesso


5 comments:

  1. oh....your work amazes me every time! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great layout and what a sweet little camera!! I love stamping with the chipart tool, they are such great images, might as well use 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this layout Melissa! I love the simple stamping idea, I keep forgetting about that, it's really great!

    ReplyDelete