8.13.2010

Pensacola

When Heidi gave the Design Team their assignment for this month, I was thrilled to have to complete a layout about my hometown! I love where I live; I love the military influence; I love that we have “the whitest beaches”...it's just the best place ever!


This excerpt was taken from Wikipedia:

Pensacola, Florida has a rich and colorful history dating nearly 450 years, being the first European settlement in the continental United States (1559) and controlled by five countries. Pensacola's location has caused great turmoil, with many buildings destroyed by wars, and by numerous major hurricanes. The location, south of the original British colonies, and as the dividing line between French Louisiana and Spanish Florida, along the Perdido River, has caused the possession of the city to change multiple times. Pensacola has been under the possession of the Spanish, French,British, United States and Confederate States, and has remained a part of the United States since the end of the American Civil War. Along with wars, numerous hurricanes have been a massive factor in Pensacola history. They destroyed numerous houses and left many people homeless.

My husband and I have taken many day trips to various places around Pensacola, including: Pensacola Beach, Fort Pickens, & NAS Pensacola. I was inspired by not only the theme this time around, but also the simple collage that was our inspiration piece from Heidi. I used http://bighugelabs.com/ to create my collage of various photos that I have taken around Pensacola. I then used Adobe Photoshop and opened up a 8 x 10 document and placed the collage on it and a simple digital element by Ali Edwards that I purchased at Designer Digitals. I loved the outcome of this collage and wanted it to be the main focal point of my layout.


SUPPLIES USED:

Bazzill & Kraft Cardstock
GCD Studios – Patterned Paper, Chipboard Sentiments
American Crafts Thickers
Typewriter
Labels by twogirlzstuff on Etsy
Jenni Bowlin Alphabet & Number Stickers
Martha Stewart Scalloped Circle Punch
Staz On Ink
Pop-Dots
Digital Text Element by Ali Edwards

4 comments:

  1. This is sooooo fabulous! LOVE it in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout love the contrasting pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful I lived in pensacola for 7 years and miss those white sandy beaches too.

    ReplyDelete