8.01.2010

What?! A layout??

Whew! this was such a challenge for me, but I'm totally glad you had us do it! I haven't scrapbook in years and this just makes me want to find the time to do it more.

Thanks!
Heidi

Hi all!
This month Heidi challenged us all to do a layout about our city or town. What?! A layout?? But, but, but I'm a card gal!! I mean I know I started out scrapbooking, but I literally haven't done a layout in YEARS!!

Good thing I like a challenge :) So, without further ado, the very first layout I have ever shared on any blog anywhere...

I chose to work with products from the Artsy Urban line, because it had primary colors that went perfectly with my pics. I hand sketched my clouds and added hand-written journaling in one.

It's an understatement to say that Trout Lake is rural, so I wanted lots of country and natural elements. I thought the lollipop button center flowers covered country and I added the cut-out butterflies and flowers to represent nature.


Well, whadda ya think? am I still a scrapbooker...or should I just stick with cards?

Journaling reads:
I live in the teeny tiniest of towns, in a very rural area. Trout Lake has only one small store, some dairy farms and a K-12 with fewer than 200 students, but we love it! Skies so black at night that you can see every star, tubing in the summer and sledding in the winter,fresh air and beautiful Mt Adams. Trout Lake, we are so glad you are our HOME!

Thanks!
Heidi V

12 comments:

  1. You must do more Heidi! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can't you do Heidi? I LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moley girl...you gotta be doing more layouts! This is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Great LO! Yes, you should make more!! Gorgeous photos too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsies! Heidi this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Love how you cut the paper to mimic the mountains in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great lo - love the flowers and clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Love your collection of gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the world of layouts...love it!

    ReplyDelete