8.14.2010

Scrap Shapes

Hi all!
Teri here, and I’m back at the GCD Studios blog. Be afraid.
Kidding. ;)
Today, I’m sharing a fun little trick for using up some of the luscious scraps of GCD paper. I’m going to show you how to make scrap shapes. What is that? Well, read on.

You are going to need:
  • A label or circle die and diecut machine
  • Cardstock
  • Glue
  • Assorted scraps of GCD papers
Here’s what you do:
1. Randomly adhere scraps of patterned paper to cardstock.

2. Place die on your paper. Run paper and die through your diecut machine.

3. Remove cut shape from your paper. The end result: a scrap shape!


I made two cards with scrap shapes.

Here I used a circle scrap shape.

The circle kind of reminds me of a pattern you’d seen on a quilt. I like the look a lot.


And here I made a label scrap shape for the card.

So that the label didn’t get lost next to my patterned paper background , I placed some label dies cut from white cardstock behind it.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back later.

Teri
for GCD Studios

10 comments: