8.03.2010

ruffles...ruffles... and more ruffles!

I love using
patterned paper to create texture and extra dimension on my layouts. I also love
to add feminine details since I have two girls. One way to add texture is to
create paper ruffles. Today, I'll show you how I created patterned paper ruffles
for my layout here:

First, here's a close-up of my
title that is a combination of Doodlebug and October Afternoon stickers and
American Crafts thickers. I also punched a butterfly from Homespun Chic
patterned paper and accented it with Melissa Frances rhinestones.

Here is a close-up of my patterned paper ruffles. The patterned paper I selected
is from the Homespun Chic collection except for the brown stripe from Chic
Bebe.

First, I cut two strips from each patterned paper that were 1.5" x 12." You'll
need two strips because of the pleating. I pleated both strips first by pinching
the paper towards me and folding it over. Don't worry too much about
perfection.

Next, I sewed along the edge to hold my pleating in place.

I inked the edges and pleats for extra dimension and to highlight the pleating.
Then, I used my fingers to tear up the edges of the pleats.

Distressing the edges further gives a weathered look to the ruffles.


I layered and adhered my ruffles strips to my cardstock using a combination of
an adhesive runner and glue dots. The colors I chose for this layout also mimic
my daughters' pajamas. :)

Until next time,
Jill

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute....love this look and will use it somehow. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! Loving those ruffles on the layout! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ruffles, so pretty and soft! Great tutorial too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this! Thanks for the tut!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love anything with ruffles ! Lookin Good ! :)

    ReplyDelete