8.11.2010

ZOO Photos

For the month of
August, the design team was given the theme "Our Town" to work with. I live in a
suburb of Des Moines, Iowa. I love that we have a small zoo that is the perfect
size to bring toddlers as it only takes a couple hours to go
through.


We took our twin daughters to the zoo for the first time this past May and I
highlighted our trip with 10 photos on my layout here:

I created with the Homespun Chic collection on my layout and also used the
collage of photos as a sketch of sorts. For my title, I used the Chip Art tool
on the Homespun Chic chipboard label and went over it with a combination of
brown paint and Mod Podge to bring out the impressions of the letters. I
highlighted the chipboard with a white button from the Homespun Chic collection
and some brown twine. The yellow alphabet is by American Crafts. I created
another paper ruffle as seen in my tutorial earlier this month. I love the added
texture this gives to a layout.

Here's a closer look at my photo collage with brads from the Homespun Chic
collection scattered throughout.

Finally, I grouped a few embellishments from the Artsy Urban collection
("family" paper clip and the butterfly sticker) with my larger photo and a
chipboard phrase from the Homespun Chic collection.

Until next time,
Jill

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I love how you fit so many photos on your page! And GREAT paper ruffle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am seriously loving the theme this month! Love seeing all the different places highlighted! Great layout, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute and fun!! LOVE all the photos and how you used the brads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the photos and brads in between them, great design!

    ReplyDelete