8.02.2011

Bookmarks

My daughter has been learning to read and has finally progressed to the harder books. Now that she can't finish a book in one night, she is in desperate need of a bookmark. Never fear! Mommy is here to save the day! I decided to make a special bookmark for her.

First I chose three papers from the Animal Crackers for Girls collection. I cut out three 2" x 2" squares and glued them on a piece of scrap paper. Here is my favorite part! Sew the three pieces together!




After the items were sewn together, the bookmark still needed a little something. I cute out a couple of flowers, added a saying, and tied a ribbon on top.



Supplies:
Animal Crackers for Girls Little Leopard
Animal Crackers for Girls Large Droplets
Animal Crackers for Girls Jungle
Material Girls Girly Girl
Soul Food Chipboard Plaque Stickers

If you are looking to create a little something special for your child, create a bookmark. Not only will it help promote your child to read, it's also a great way to use up your scraps!


2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeee this!!! AWESOME idea to use up those scraps! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and sweet! Will have to keep the sewing machine idea in mind when I need to make a bookmark!

    ReplyDelete