8.03.2011

Kit of the month + this months Guest Designer = August!

I can feel it... this is going to be a fun month for the GCD blog and we have lots of fun items planned for "kid craft projects". Yesterday, you saw our Diana do a stitched book mark... which is super cute for our kids going back to school soon. Little things like bookmarks make me so happy. Also this month, we have 11 new color inspirations for you to use and play long with.

Today, I have 2 fun things to share. First up is this months Guest designer.


I've know Jenn for a couple of years and last year at Scrapfest in MO, we finally met. She is the sweetest thing and I just love her style. She makes the BEST items!!! You've got to check out her blog.

Here is a sneak peek of a layout she made that is in our August News letter. To see the full thing... make sure you sign up for the news letter (if you haven't already). The news letter is going out on Friday 8/5/11 :) So you will still have time to sign up for it and catch this months issue.

Simple sign up by sending your email address to inthestudio@gcdstudios.com

Now check out this adorable bookmark she made using our transparency from the Melody Ross Soul Food collection (everything Jenn will make this month will be crafted from our Kit of the Month). How smart to place a photo behind this to really personalize it.

Now here is what our Kit of the month (For August) looks like. It's got tons of blues and browns, with a pop of pink. This makes me think of being by water on a hot day... eating an ice cream which = HEAVEN!
Photobucket
To enter into this kit/contest rules:

Create a project about water.
The theme is pretty big, so put those thinking caps on
Your entries must be in by
Friday August 22nd
Midnight PST

I will then post our top 3 favorite layouts on this blog and the voting will begin.

Rules:
-You need to use 50% of GCD Studios products
-entries after July 22nd will not be entered into the kit contest.
-All entries must be emailed to Hsonboul@gcdstudios.com

Okay, That it for today. Thanks for visiting our blog and being our friend. It means the world to us at GCD Studios!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Loving Jenn's sneak and her bookmark!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After working with your papers, I am now in LOVE with your line. Thanks for the chance to create with such unique designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am BIG fan of Jenn's work, and I love that bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great kit to work with. Good luck to everyone who enters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just sent an entry! I hope that you receive it ok. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot express in writing how much I LOVE GCD Products!!!!! You can't see me...but I am jumping up and down .. with joy at the thought of winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the kit lots of beautiful paper.
    GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete