8.27.2011

Cute for a Girls Room

For my project this month I decided to make a wreath for a little girls room, using a fun rolled paper technique.

To start, I found this gold frame at a dollar store



and painted it white


then I selected papers. You will need to cut about 40 papers measuring 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches, depending on how many layers of rolled paper that you want on your wreath.

I wanted to keep the focus on a girls theme, so I mainly used papers from the Animal Crackers for girls line, but also pulled in a few papers from the material girls line, Spring in bloom collection by Donna Salazar, and the animal crackers boys line.

Next, you will roll each paper into the shape of a cone and flatten out the bottom. You will need strong glue for this. I used 3-in-1 advanced craft glue from Beacon's, because it is what I had on hand. But, a hot glue glun will work great for this too.


after you get each cone glued together (I let mine dry overnight), you will want to lay them out on a table.


then you will need a strong piece of cardboard as a base (a round cardboard piece from a frozen pizza works great for this). Start gluing each of the rolled cones down, pressing down and flattening the end of the tip as you go. You will want to do this in layers. I made my wreath out of two layers, but you could also add a third.


After your wreath dries, It is time to add the frame.

I backed my frame with cute paper and a cut out from the Animal Crackers for girls collection. And then painted and misted chipboard buttons from the Chip Art collection.

And here is the finished product.

This was really fun, and easy to make and would make a great addition to a kids room, or a new baby's room.

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket
my blog

6 comments: