8.10.2011

Inspired by Yellow

Hi everyone!

True story: I never ever wear the color yellow. The thought of wearing it makes me want to run the other way, but I sure do love it when it comes to paper crafting.

It's such a cheery color! And it's the perfect color for Summer-themed projects.



I mean, seriously. Look at all the yellow in this picture. It's just so happy!

When I first saw it, I knew I just had to use to make a couple Summer-themed cards.

I started out by making this Summer Smiles card.



All the papers here are (of course) from GCD Studios. I mixed papers from several collections together to make the tiles.

I love the big feminine bows in the inspiration photo. But I didn't have quite the right ribbon on hand to work with my card so I added the next best feminine touch: flowers!



The flowers I used are cabochons from the Funhouse collection. I gave them stems with string. I created the leaf with cardstock.

After making my Summer Smiles card, I made this thank you card.



This time, I drew a bit of inspiration (color-wise) from the inspiration photo. And then I drew a bit of inspiration (design-wise) from my first card.

I toned down my use of yellow here by adding a lot of gray with paper from the Sweet Surrender collection.




terisplace.wordpress.com

6 comments:

  1. I am the same way about wearing yellow VS. using yellow on my projects! LOL!! these are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeee that butterfly on the second one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore yellow, and you hit it out of the park--great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card! Bright and happy. I have two yellow shirts and that's the most I've ever had in my life. I love black and red the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome Teri, I love the large butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so funny, I am the same way. I didnt even know I liked the color yellow until I started scrapbooking lol! Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete