8.11.2011

Club House

This summer, my boys and I created a little club house in the back yard. A garage sale tent and some leftover army netting from a birthday party quickly became a favorite hangout. I decided they needed an awesome sign to mark their kid-only territory, so out came The Great Outdoors collection, a few sticks, and some twine.


The fantastic chipboard embellishments from The Great Outdoors collection practically designed the sign themselves.






Once all the paper elements were secured, I used my hot glue gun to attach sticks and twigs from around the yard to the edge. I cut two small holes into the top for hanging and strung twine through, knotting it on the front for more rustic charm.


And now it hangs at the entrance to their "fort". They take good care of it, and if it ever looks like rain, in the house the sign comes. I'm sure I'll need to make another one for next year, but for now, I love the smiles on their faces when they read the sign and feel a sense of ownership. Oh, to be a kid again!


What have you made lately for your kids with your scrapbooking supplies? Enjoy creating!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Tessa! I love the twigs as a frame. The Great Outdoors line is SO perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...I bet they're the only boys with a nice crafty sign. And I bet they secretly brag about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa, you are amazing! Love this project. Love seeing what you come up with!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love this line and this was a great idea that's really cute!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete