8.07.2011

Crafting the ABC

I know a lot of people are only half way through their summer, but we go back to school in just a couple of weeks! I was thinking about making my son something for his room and he is going into the Pre K class at school this year so he is getting excited to learn to write his letters. I had a 12x12 canvas laying around just asking to be altered so I decided to break out a pack of GCD Studios chipboard alphabet. I individually prepped each letter by spraying it with water



and then embossed each letter with the same letter.



Once all my letters were done, I misted them a few different colors and glued them onto the canvas. I added a few chipboard pieces from the GCD Studios collectionGreat Outdoors coordinating with the letters near them like a canoe for the letter "c."


I outlined the embossing on the blue letters since I was adhering them to a blue patterned paper.


Finally, I famed the whole thing with a dry brush stroke around the outside and tied some twine from the Fun House Collection Ribbon Spool.


My son loves his new room decoration and can't wait to get back to school!



Supplies Used:
GCD Studios Picnic Table and Bandana Patterned Paper from the Great Outdoors Collection, layered Chipboard and Chipboard Stickers from the Great Outdoors Collection, Bottle Cap pin from the Great Outdoors Collection, Bakers Twine from the Ribbon Spool from the Funhouse Collection, Medium Chip Art Alphabet by Melody Ross, 12x12 Canvas by My Mind's Eye


3 comments: