8.29.2011

Memory Game

When you see the bright colors, the fun patterns, and the glitter in the Fun House collection where does it take you? Do those childhood memories flood your brain? For me when I flip through Fun House it all comes back to me the games, the sights, simply the fun stuff of my childhood! So what better way to use some Fun House papers than to create one Miss Avery's favorite games Memory. This is so easy and fun to make! Plus if your little one is anything like mine you'll need to replace a few cards along the way which is a lot easier and cheaper to just cut another piece of paper rather then have to go buy a whole new game at the local big box store.
Anywho here is Miss Avery's Circus Memory Game or as Avery Says her Match Em Up GamePhotobucket
This photo shows the tools and papers I used: Circle punch & corner rounderPhotobucket
These are 2inx2in squares with rounded corners. To make the game a bit more sturdier I used a piece of cardstock and pattern paper. Using a circle punch I cut the circles out of the Clown Alley paper. Then simply start layering and adhering. I think I'm going to laminate these to make them last a little longer too. The box is actually a recycled embellishment box that i cut another piece of the Fun House paper to use for a backing then I used a label punch to put Miss Avery's name on and adhered it to the paper.Photobucket
it all fits nice and neat in the box and can go with Avery anywhere. You could also make a numbers game, alpha game, the possibilities are endless. Have some fun with Fun House!

GCD Studios Products Used:
Clown Alley - Funhouse Collection by Tina Higgins
Photobucket
Candy Apple - Funhouse Collection by Tina Higgins
Photobucket
Three Ring Circus - Funhouse Collection by Tina Higgins
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments: