8.16.2011

Summer Splash.

Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying the warm summer days. For my project this month I decided to use bright, vivid colors.
When I think of August, I think of sunny colors - lots of bright blues, bright orange, and lots of time spent in the water with family and friends. My son was born in August, and he practically lives in the pool, so I knew that I wanted to do a layout about swimming for him.

Here is the color combo that I got my inspiration from:


I really loved the circle pattern on the quilt, so I decided to use the chipboard wheels from the Fun House collection to replicate the shape.


Here is a sneak peek


and the finished layout

I loved the colors and the patterns in my inspiration pic so much that I decided to use a bold Chevron print from the Fun House collection. I really love how it stands out against the dark blue, and shades of orange.

Here is a list of the Fun House supplies that I used to complete this layout:



You can purchase the Fun House collection
Here

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you enjoy lots of August summery days with your family!

Photobucket
my blog

7 comments:

  1. Love love love love this Gina!! Cuteeeeeeeee photos and loveeeeeee the design! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love the pictures and the sketch you used for this one! The little banner you made is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really nice post...I have searching for information and finally this blog is very good and the nice designed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout Gina and you rocked this color inspiration!!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous layout Gina! I love the chevron print--gonna have to dig that on out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looking awesome...It looks really attractive,the colors are vibrants..I really like the color pattern of it..

    ReplyDelete