9.26.2010

a beautiful funky butterfly bracelet

Hello! Kristen here with another jewelry piece to share with you!
I made a beautiful funky butterfly bracelet that I want to show you.
First, here are the items I used to create my bracelet. I used gcd studios chipboard ovals, from the Basic Shapes medium pack , and I used Butterfly shapes cut from this paper using the Artsy Urban collection ( the 8x8 paper pad).



First, I painted my chips black with acrylic paint, then I added the butterflies with glue, and topped each oval with gloss medium. I allowed them to dry, and coated the backs as well. When they were clear and dry, I punched 1/16th holes in each end, and added a jump ring to each hole.


I then added a hoop ended pin with two beads and a glass heart between each oval. The end of the bracelet is chain with a lobster clasp.


This made a beautiful bracelet and I can just see all the possibilities in colors and design using chipboard as a charm in your jewelry making.


have a terrific day!
kris

7 comments: