9.16.2010

love jewelry?

Do you like or maybe even love jewelry? Well if you do, then this month at GCD Studios is just for you! All month long you have been and will continue to be inspired with all kinds of jewelry that you can make using the fabulous GCD Studios products!

I love jewelry! It makes me feel pretty and it often gives my outfits a sense of completeness. Some of my jewelry means a lot to me because it was given to me as a gift from either family or friends, some of it belonged to my Grandma's, some of it was purchased just because they were cute or I had to have it to go with that certain outfit. I am sure you all have some pieces that fit into these categories.

So, what about making your own jewelry? Have you ever it given it a try? If you haven't, maybe this month you will be inspired to give it a try. Or if you have, maybe you will be inspired to pull out your stash and create yourself a one of a kind piece to go with your latest new outfit!

I decided to create a pair of earrings using some mini birds from the Chip Art Chipboard Shapes. I covered them with paint, poked a hole in the top of each one and then coated them with Diamond glaze. Once dry, I added the jewelry findings and beads to finish them off!Supplies:
GCD Studios Chipboard Shapes/Birds

Other:
Paint by Shimmerz
Gold Leafing Pen by Krylon
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Fish Hook Wire, 4mm Round Jump Ring, 1" Eye Pin by The Jewelry Shoppe
Czech Glass Beads by Bead Treasures

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Hugs!
Juliana

5 comments: