9.11.2010

I used to wear jewelry

I used to wear jewelry all the time but don't wear much more than my
wedding ring anymore so that my girls won't yank earrings out of my ears or pull
on something around my neck. :) So for this month, I decided to make a headband!

I'm a huge fan of anything shabby and romantic so that's the look I was going
for when creating my headband. I used some brown trim I picked up at Hobby Lobby
for the base. The scalloped chipboard circle is from the Melody Ross chipboard
collection. I placed another chipboard circle behind this one because there was
a hole in the middle of the circle. I used the small flower from the Chip Art
tool to deboss the chipboard. I painted the chipboard with white paint and then
went back over it with a mixture of brown paint and Mod Podge to antique
it.


I rolled up five 1" strips of pink patterned paper from the Homespun Chic
collection to form a flower and then coated it with Mod Podge to seal it. I
wrapped the flower with pink tulle and placed a brad from the Homespun Chic
collection through the flower and adhered the entire piece to the
chipboard.

Here's a look at the dimension of the headband.. While I did seal the paper and
chipboard, I wouldn't recommend wearing this in rainy or snowy
weather.

And that's all there was to it! I could see making these for the girls when they
are a little older or to give as gifts. It was really fun to make!
Until next time,

Jill

4 comments: