9.23.2010

The possibilities with this tool are just endless

This month we are highlighting the fabulous Chip Art Tool! The possibilities with this tool are just endless. I have tried many different ways in using this tool and have been pleasantly surprised. I tried a new technique with using the tool this month and was quite impressed with the end result.





I used the Chip Art tool as the chipboard stars that are placed at the top and bottom of the layout. I was looking for another way to tie in the heart chip art "stamp" when I noticed the chipboard alphabets stickers I had used on my layout.

Before pounding away on my title though, I first tried it out on a different alpha to see what the effect would be. It gave it a very nice textured look that completely finished out the layout! And one little tip - if you do try this out, make sure to lay your title out in the place you want it on your layout. When I first tried out my practice letter, I just placed in on the chip art block. Let's just say, that it didn't come up in one piece ;-) So, make sure it is where you want it before "stamping" it!








Another great way to use the Chip Art Tool!

SUPPLIES USED:
Cardstock: Kraft, Bazzill
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios "Ava", "Artsy Urban", & "Zippity" Collections
Embellishents: GCD Studios chipboard stars, heart stamp
Alphabet: Jenni Bowlin, American Crafts
Stamps: Coffee Girl Crafts, Technique Tuesday, Purple Onion
Ink: StazOn
Thread
Punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars
Claudine Hellmuth Gesso

9 comments:

  1. Oh I just adore this...I love the look of the letters!!!

    Thanks for sharing the how to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea. Like embossing, but you can select the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you ladies are making me so envious now......I want this tool too.....LOL!!!! Great LO, thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout. the tool looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great way to spruce up all those chipboard letters! Fab LO!

    ReplyDelete