9.18.2010

I love finding new ways to use this great tool!

Hi! Kim here with a tutorial for you with an idea on how to use the Chipart tool.

I had a packet of the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements frames in my stash and I wondered how the Chipart tool would work on them - so I had a play.

I chose the frame I wanted ...

step by step instructions (1 of 4)

Then I decided what word I wanted to appear on it and using the Chipart tool, I applied the word to the frame. My tip is to start with the middle letter and then work out on both sides to make sure it is even on the frame.

step by step instructions (2 of 4)


I then sprayed it liberally with Glimmermist in a colour to tone with my layout. I kept adding mist and moving it around so that it sat heavily in the grooves of the letters and the frame. I also blotted off excess mist from the raised areas.

step by step instructions (3 of 4)


Then you need to let it dry - I left mine overnight. This is what you will end up with.

step by step instructions (4 of 4)

Then you just need to use it on a layout.

blog step by step project (1 of 4)

Here are some detail shots.

blog step by step project (4 of 4)


blog step by step project (3 of 4)


blog step by step project (2 of 4)


I love finding new ways to use this great tool!

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love everythng about this layout. Gorgeous! And the technique you showed us, is absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing, I will have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see you use this, the more I can't wait to finally get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. So gonna try using my mist this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely FABULOUS! i have those PP frames and am CLUELESS as to what to do with them! (but i HAD to have them, you see)

    thanks for the ideas - the chipart tool looks awesome (does it have more than just alphas? flourishes and patterns, maybe?), and now i know i have to WAIT PATIENTLY for the mists to dry... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun technique! Love how you used it on your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a seriously cool technique, I love how it all just pops!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such fun technique, gorgeous lo, I use the same papers here.
    http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com/2010/09/are-you-stampaholic.html
    TFS
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Kim! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! Stunning layout Kim!! I love the way you can use the chipart tool to create very individual pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Kim and I love how you've used that tool. :)

    ReplyDelete