9.08.2010

HUGE selection of chipboard!

This month, the design team's task was to showcase the GCD Studios ChipArt Tool. I love creating my own custom
embellishments, so using the ChipArt Tool is right up my alley.

I started with the design of the background of my layout and then
figured out where I wanted my embellishments and decided on shapes and
sizes. GCD Studios has such a HUGE selection of chipboard it was easy to find a pieces perfect
for my layout.

I de-bossed a butterfly on a smaller chipboard shape that had been
sprayed with a little bit of water. After it dried, I simply selected
a pink acrylic paint to match my layout. I used a mixture of
glossy Mod Podge and white paint to highlight the de-bossed image,
creating a fun, custom embellishment.



I also wanted my title to have a "home", so I then de-bossed a lager
frame shape with flourishes and painted it green and then repeated the
white paint and Mod Podge finish. I love how this element
creates balance for the green color around the page.





Here's the layout in it's entirety.



I hope you are inspired to see how the ChipArt Tools and many chipboard designs can "rock" your
pages. :)

6 comments:

  1. Yes I am inspired. I was after the blog hop spotlighting the tool and the jewelry. I just need to find it local so I can use it. I have tons of chipboard to tap on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish GCD wasn't so hard to find locally, I always fall in love with everything I see! The ChipArt tool sounds like it would be right up my alley!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used the chipart tool on a layout this morning! LOL LOVE that stuff. I just have to find more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design! LOVE this page so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to find the chip art tools at an LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love this layout! The design is excellent! Love the smaller photo strip off to the right side!

    ReplyDelete