9.03.2010

Spray bottle

For this month, I'm going to share some misting tips with you. I only recently
starting using spray inks to add texture to my layouts and projects so I'm by no
means any expert. But, I have discovered a few tricks as I have been working
with mists. I created this "Celebrate the 4th" layout using the gorgeous
Independence collection by GCD Studios. The spray ink I chose was Maya Road Maya
Mist in red. I love that this mist dries quickly and doesn't warp my paper.

I sprayed my layout with mist twice - once near my title. (Note: I would do all
spraying BEFORE you adhere your photos or at least cover your photos if you wait
until afterwards.)

And secondly, near where I placed my journaling. I wanted a nice pop of color
behind my journaling.

Here's a look at the chipboard stars where I used the Chip Art tool and a circle
on to deboss. I went over the stars with cream paint and then topped it with a
coat of Mod Podge and midnight blue paint.

Now, let's talk misting. For this sample, I sprayed really close to the paper
which gave me even coverage and a consistent red color.
On this sample, I held my spray bottle away from the page
and got a fine mist of coverage with just a hint of coverage.

For this sample, I took the pump out of the spray bottle and shook it over my
paper to get large droplets of ink.

Finally, on this sample, I did a combination of holding the bottle really close
to the paper and shaking the pump to get the large droplets of ink.

It was this combination that I used on my
layout.

And there you have a few simple tips to use the next
time you work with spray inks!

Until next time,
Jill

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful LO!!!! Love the misting tips!!!!

    Thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute LO Jill! And great misting tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good tips and I love the star. Beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page and the tips are really helpful! Love the tutorial pics too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried the spray inks yet, I really want to! Thanks so much for the tips, they will help when I get my inks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't jumped into spray mists/inks yet..but I'm not shy just broke right now. Darn my luck, anyway! Thanks for the great tips though..I won't always be broke but I'll always be up for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete