9.22.2010

I used to make jewelry

It's me, Heidi V and I have something really fun to share today. Jewelry!

As you may already know this month's theme at the GCD Studios Blog is Jewelry. I was so excited when I found out that this was our assignment. I used to make jewelry...just for fun, before papercrafting devoured all my crafty time, so it was really fun for me to revisit this forgotten hobby.

For my project, I decided to make something that I would actually wear, and for some inspiration I took a little cruise around Etsy. I was really drawn to all the vintage inspired floral jewelry that I was seeing and since I'm mostly a neclace wearer I came up with this.

The focal piece is a big folded paper flower, and since I am absolutely loving yellow and blue together lately I chose to use the beautiful Ava collection. To give it some real vintage flair I used an absolutely fabulous brad from the Artsy urban Collection.

I also broke out my Chip Art tools and created an antique look swirled gold leaf bird connector. If you're curious as to how I achieved this look stay tuned, I just may be sharing a little tutorial on it later this month.

The chain and beads are standard craft store finds.

I've gotta admit, I am actually pretty thrilled with the way this turned out. Would I wear it? Absolutely!

I had a blast making this and I hope it has inspired you to look at your scrapbooking supplies in a whole new way!

Have a fabulous Day!
Heidi

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! I know I would totally wear it. The flower is so gorgeous, and the bird I totally thought was made of metal. What perfection. I really hope you give a tutorial on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I hadn't thought about using paper in my jewelry although I do have some paper beads. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooo AMAZINGLY FANTABULOUS!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This very nice ornaments and so easy in wear this type of jewelry.
    Diamond Jewelry Store

    ReplyDelete